One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a thin, translucent quality like gauze.‘a gauze-like cotton cloth’‘they expand their gauze-like wings’
transparent, translucent, clear, limpid, crystal clear, crystalline, pellucid, glassyView synonyms
- ‘Three rows of vegetables have recently been covered with filmy sheets of a gauze-like material.’
- ‘We should also be concerned about the use of things that cover the soil, including decking, paving, and a new gauze-like product - all made to keep out the dreaded weeds.’
- ‘The shoes had been swabbed by a piece of gauze-like material which was then subjected to machine tests.’
- ‘She wore a dress with many layers of light airy material that was almost gauze-like in texture.’
- ‘I found a lovely, gauze-like cotton cloth that makes a beautiful wrapper for holiday cake gift-giving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.