A mollusc of the large class "Gastropoda" , such as a snail, slug, or whelk.
- ‘The beach sands are dominated by shells of bivalve mollusks, mainly venerids, gastropods, and echinoderms.’
- ‘The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.’
- ‘Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.’
- ‘Included here are the gastropods, bivalves, cephalopods, and other lesser groups, as follows.’
- ‘During this period the gastropods, like the cephalopods, underwent a tremendous evolutionary radiation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.