One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A connoisseur of good food; a gourmet.
hedonist, pleasure lover, pleasure seeker, sybarite, voluptuaryView synonyms
- ‘Tuesday is a gastronomist's delight with a hamper and signed book by Clarissa Dickson Wright on offer.’
- ‘The gastronomist Isabel Viera presented the food of Angola made and innovated by her.’
- ‘The introduction of the potato into Ireland in the 17 th century could be considered by some gastronomists to be the greatest occurrence or the worse calamity to befall Irish cuisine.’
- ‘Get yourself to Brooklyn restaurant The Farm, where food blogger and historic gastronomist Sarah Lohman will host an evening of American Cookery.’
- ‘That same day I met a 30 year-old gastronomist and professional salsa dancer.’
- ‘For gastronomists, the thought of eating ice cream in the sun or a pizza in Santa Margharita is ecstasy itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.