Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the stomach and the intestines.‘ginger soothes the gastrointestinal tract’‘gastrointestinal disorders’
- ‘The esophagus is now considered the site most often involved in the gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘Results of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy were normal.’
- ‘The investigation of choice is endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘In Italy and France, for example, blood donors are turned away if they have had a recent gastrointestinal endoscopy.’
- ‘Other sites of infection were the urinary tract, chest and gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘No trial specifically defined or reported serious adverse events such as gastrointestinal bleeding or renal impairment.’
- ‘When you hold in gas, it migrates backward through your gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘It's no better at pain relief and no easier on the gastrointestinal mucosa than other drugs in its class, they say.’
- ‘A wide range of gastrointestinal disorders may cause chronic diarrhoea in childhood.’
- ‘The only side effects were gastrointestinal, the major one being early vomiting.’
- ‘He was admitted to a local hospital and underwent an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.’
- ‘Absorption of alcohol from the gastrointestinal tract is equally rapid among all age groups.’
- ‘Firstly, we controlled for antecedents of upper gastrointestinal disorders, including dyspepsia.’
- ‘Long-term use may increase your risk of gastrointestinal or urinary tract bleeding.’
- ‘Colonoscopy is the most accurate method of imaging the lower gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘No other lesions were recognized in the gastrointestinal tract or elsewhere in the body.’
- ‘Secondly, mothers could have misreported respiratory infection and gastrointestinal disorders.’
- ‘Another quarter of cases are precipitated by haemorrhage in the gastrointestinal tract.’
- ‘A gastrointestinal nurse practitioner could do this screening.’
- ‘We now have no place to clean the endoscopes used by our large gastrointestinal endoscopy service.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.