One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of a part or the whole of the stomach.
- ‘Subsequently, the patient underwent emergency laparotomy with partial gastrectomy.’
- ‘Distribution of surgery was partial gastrectomy, total gastrectomy, and pancreatic resection.’
- ‘For distal-third gastric cancer, patients may be able to undergo subtotal gastrectomy if biopsy reveals ‘intestinal-type’ adenocarcinoma.’
- ‘A total gastrectomy was performed and was submitted to pathologic examination.’
- ‘Partial or total gastrectomy was performed in all patients, except in patient 6, who underwent removal of a submucosal nodule covered by apparently normal mucosa.’
- ‘Surprisingly, one study 20 showed that even in patients who had undergone gastrectomy, vitamin [B.sub.12] deficiency could be easily reversed with oral supplementation.’
- ‘He applied the principles of partial gastrectomy to women who were obese and found that they lost weight.’
- ‘Treatment is a total gastrectomy and removal of the islet tumor.’
- ‘These factors include hypogonadism, alcoholism, chronic steroid use, previous gastrectomy, chronic lung disease, pernicious anemia and disorders of movement and balance that increase the risk of immobility.’
- ‘I know this because I found this here helpful page on gastrectomy.’
- ‘The patient's symptoms continued, and approximately 1 month later, a therapeutic gastrectomy was performed.’
- ‘In the case we described, the patient was asymptomatic and with unknown HIV status until he presented with an acute abdomen due to phlegmonous gastritis diagnosed after partial gastrectomy.’
- ‘At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.’
- ‘Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.’
- ‘A gastrectomy with lymph node adenectomy was performed.’
- ‘One week later, he had a new onset of gastrointestinal bleeding and underwent a near-total gastrectomy and cholecystectomy.’
- ‘This is called a partial gastrectomy, as part of the stomach has to be removed as well.’
- ‘Inadequate absorption of vitamin B12 occurs in 10 to 30 percent of patients who have had a partial gastrectomy.’
- ‘Examination of the gastrectomy specimen revealed an indurated tumor with central ulceration located in the fundus.’
- ‘Surgical procedures such as wide local excision, partial gastrectomy, total gastrectomy, or gastrointestinal bypass also are performed with palliative intent, to allow oral intake of food and alleviate pain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.