One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned spelling of gastropod
- ‘The horny operculum with which the periwinkle, like other gasteropods, closes its shell had effectively kept out the anemone's digestive enzymes.’
- ‘Calcareous plate used to covering the shell mouth of gasteropod molluscs; protective plate covering the gills in fishes.’
- ‘The next closest occurrences of this gasteropod are in the Alps of Central Europe and east of the Urals in Siberia.’
- ‘Some very small gasteropods, probably Hydrobia, were present at Rosalie Stream and several other sites with brackish connections.’
- ‘This microfossils are accompanied by bivalves and marine gasteropods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.