One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned spelling of gastropod
- ‘Some very small gasteropods, probably Hydrobia, were present at Rosalie Stream and several other sites with brackish connections.’
- ‘The next closest occurrences of this gasteropod are in the Alps of Central Europe and east of the Urals in Siberia.’
- ‘This microfossils are accompanied by bivalves and marine gasteropods.’
- ‘Calcareous plate used to covering the shell mouth of gasteropod molluscs; protective plate covering the gills in fishes.’
- ‘The horny operculum with which the periwinkle, like other gasteropods, closes its shell had effectively kept out the anemone's digestive enzymes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.