One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Convert (a solid or liquid, especially coal) into gas.‘5 million tonnes of coal have been gasified’
- ‘Waste is fed into the primary chamber of the converter where the material is gasified by heat recovered from the gases exiting the refining chamber.’
- ‘Coal, too, could be made carbon-free, using advanced power plants that gasify the fuel and then generate power while stripping away the carbon for sequestration underground.’
- ‘The hot char is gasified in an air blown gasifier to produce a fuel gas and a molten slag which are jointly directed out of the gasifier through a common port which is maintained open for the free flow of both.’
- ‘Mining coal, gasifying it, then using the Fischer-Tropsch process to produce the hydrocarbon molecules needed for petrol and Sasol's other products inevitably costs more than pumping crude oil.’
- ‘Global Energy, which specializes in gasification plants, is preparing to build a plant in Kentucky that gasifies a mixture of coal and municipal solid waste.’
- 1.1no object Become a gas.‘if PVC is overheated it will gasify’
- ‘But when heated to body temperature in a patient's bloodstream, the toxicologists theorized, it gasified, causing a fatal pulmonary embolism.’
- ‘From the video clip, the viewer will be able to see the coal beginning to gasify 30 seconds into the. experiment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.