One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed in the production or supply of gas.‘there is a shortage of trained gas workers in the country’
- ‘Shell wants to build its gas terminal onshore because gas workers are often killed on dangerous offshore terminals.’
- ‘The disruption has been caused by work to refurbish the High Street and gas workers replacing a gas main.’
- ‘More unity between gas workers and community groups will be critical to winning a good contract for the workers and relief for consumers struggling with high gas bills.’
- ‘Gas workers had to break into residents' homes for urgent work after gas and water supplies were cut off.’
- ‘Tens of thousands of teachers, hospital, postal, electricity and gas workers marched through Paris in defence of the public services, pay and jobs.’
- ‘Mr Mills is a retired gas worker who has lived on the former farm for the past three years.’
- ‘We arrived at the refinery and the newly elected oil and gas workers' union committee met us.’
- ‘Railway, electricity and gas workers account for 370,000 of the 500,000 workers who now have special regime pensions.’
- ‘Police were alerted after gas workers laying pipes unearthed the remains in the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.