One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stove in which the combustion of gas is used as the source of heat.‘the oven of my gas stove is quite small’‘we dragged the little camping gas stove out so we could boil water for coffee’
- ‘It includes wooden flooring, an elaborate pine beam ceiling and a cast iron gas stove.’
- ‘The crew of 20 women and three men prepare food in huge metal cooking pots on industrial gas stoves.’
- ‘Fish curry can be prepared in seven minutes if you use both the microwave oven and the gas stove simultaneously.’
- ‘In the centre of the table sits a gas stove, with a large saucepan filled with spicy broth.’
- ‘Take extra care if using portable gas stoves such as camping equipment.’
- ‘Food stalls, equipped with gas stoves, had been erected very close to the tents.’
- ‘The gas water heater was located in the kitchen adjacent to the gas stove.’
- ‘The kitchen comes with a five-ring gas stove, five ovens, a fridge freezer and a dishwasher.’
- ‘At the back of the room, there is a breakfast area which has a large brick fireplace with gas stove inset.’
- ‘A microwave oven displaces much of what a gas stove once did in a kitchen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.