One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large cooking stove in which the combustion of gas is used as the source of heat.‘installing a gas range can be costly’
- ‘Tasty vegetarian meals are prepared by two cooks in a well-equipped kitchen complete with two gas ranges and two refrigerators.’
- ‘In the breakfast area, a brick fireplace with gas range is an eye-catching feature.’
- ‘Flexible hookups for dishwashers and gas ranges can make repair jobs less labor intensive.’
- ‘Some appliances, such as gas ranges and wood-burning stoves, also can be potentially dangerous air pollutant sources.’
- ‘The custom-designed kitchen features granite work surfaces, an extensive range of wall and floor units and a six-ring gas range.’
- ‘Any heat source, such as electric or gas ranges, camp stoves or wood fires, can be used to boil water.’
- ‘He enters the room and puts a pan of water to boil on his state-of-the-art, spanking new, two-burner gas range.’
- ‘For conventional electric and gas ranges or cook tops, we offer a complete line of hoods that can fit your cooking needs with features you desire.’
- ‘Early on, they could not figure out how to start the gas range.’
- ‘As is true of a coal range, a gas range also requires a flue to carry off the products of unburned gas.’
- ‘Whatever you do, do not turn on your gas range to try to heat your home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.