One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of equipment installed in a petrol station to dispense petrol or diesel into the fuel tank of a motor vehicle; a petrol pump.‘an SUV was parked at the gas pumps’‘savings at the gas pump have boosted consumer spending’
- ‘Never leave your receipt or slip in the ATM or gas pump.’
- ‘The sales drop at the gas pump concealed strong increases at other stores, as well as at restaurants.’
- ‘Don't throw credit-card receipts from stores or gas pumps in public trash receptacles.’
- ‘Benzene's toxicity led to the collars around gas pump nozzles that limit inhalation while people fill up their tanks.’
- ‘Filling stations are selling ad space in the tiny screens on their gas pumps.’
- ‘The village usually had a store with gas pumps out front, and a cooler hunkered squarely beside the entrance.’
- ‘One of the looming indicators of economic progress was the length of the wait at gas pumps.’
- ‘By waving a device at a reader on the gas pump and having their credit cards automatically billed, customers could cut 30 seconds from a transaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.