One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long pipe, typically underground, for conveying gas over long distances.‘a major gas pipeline is currently under construction’
- ‘Both leaders talked of pushing along a proposal for a 1,600-kilometer gas pipeline that would extend from Iran to India.’
- ‘Hurricanes on the Gulf Coast have disrupted gas pipelines and refineries, causing supplies to diminish and costs to increase.’
- ‘Subsidence of drained marshlands caused gas pipeline fractures, resulting in several dramatic explosions.’
- ‘The company cut pollution by plugging natural gas pipeline leaks and by cutting back on gas flaring at refineries.’
- ‘The company has built a gas pipeline from Indonesia to western Australia.’
- ‘Planning permission is being sought for a local gas pipeline which would fuel the local economy but could damage marine life.’
- ‘Total investment in the gas pipeline project is expected to amount to 120 billion yuan.’
- ‘The proposed gas pipeline will generate employment for 600 people, including 100 engineers.’
- ‘The company's natural gas pipelines, its most prized remaining assets, are to be auctioned off.’
- ‘The company operates the electricity grid and the main natural gas pipeline.’
- ‘In northern Russia, melting permafrost has damaged roads, railways, and airport runways and ruptured oil and gas pipelines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.