One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cooker in which the combustion of gas is used as the source of heat.‘there was a tiny kitchen with a sink and gas cooker’
- ‘The cause of the blaze was a chip pan being left on a gas cooker.’
- ‘They had to light strips of paper in a kitchen toaster to light the gas cooker.’
- ‘Three of the designs have no kitchen at all, simply a concrete slab for a gas cooker and other items.’
- ‘He lives on beans and chips cooked on a two-ring gas cooker and sleeps on a bed with coats for blankets.’
- ‘The fire is thought to have started after a gas cooker was left on in the kitchen.’
- ‘If your gas cooker is off and you smell gas, turn the gas off at the meter and open all the doors and windows.’
- ‘My property is a one bedroom flat with 5 radiators, gas central heating and a gas cooker.’
- ‘A gas cooker left unlit caused an explosion that demolished a house, safety inspectors said.’
- ‘Mr Mills secured the gas cooker and used his own extinguisher to stop the fire.’
- ‘The kitchen is at the end of the hallway and contains fitted floor units, a gas cooker and quarry tiled floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.