Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Chromatography employing a gas as the moving carrier medium.Compare with gas–liquid chromatography
- ‘The IBP team has applied gas chromatography and olfactometry to the problem.’
- ‘Flavour and fragrance researchers rely heavily on standard analytical techniques such as gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.’
- ‘In this experiment, we used electrophoresis, gas chromatography, and spectral analysis to characterize the chemical cue released from the cloaca of males that provides information on local OSR.’
- ‘The essential oil secreted by the hairs was analysed by chromatographic methods including gas chromatography / mass spectrometry and with a laser microprobe mass analyser.’
- ‘Fatty acid concentrations were measured by gas chromatography of fatty acid methyl esters.’
- ‘The charcoal tubes were desorbed with 1 ml of methylene chloride and analyzed by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.’
- ‘We confirmed or established identification using a simple chemical test, the Marquis reagent and gas chromatography with mass-spectrometry detection.’
- ‘The OC levels were measured by gas chromatography with electron capture detection.’
- ‘This can then give a molecule with twice the expected molecular weight when analysis, such as gas chromatography, is undertaken.’
- ‘Following chemical degradation (monomerization, derivatization), the amounts of aliphatic and aromatic suberin monomers were analysed quantitatively by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.’
- ‘The volatile profile of fruits determined by gas chromatography and mass spectroscopy is complex, including many alcohols, aldehydes and esters.’
- ‘Odors were collected from the headspace of individual flowers and analyzed by gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry.’
- ‘In that study, AQ composition was confirmed by infrared spectroscopy, gas chromatography and thin-layer chromatography.’
- ‘We measured the circumference of the waist and hips, and we analysed subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue by gas chromatography for fatty acids.’
- ‘Ethylene was determined by gas chromatography as described above.’
- ‘Routine testing is done by employing gas chromatography coupled to high-resolution mass spectrometry, high-resolution mass spectrometry, and high-performance liquid chromatography.’
- ‘To find steroid traces in urine, scientists use gas chromatography and mass spectrometry testing.’
- ‘Acetic and lactic acid concentrations were determined by gas chromatography on silage samples from 1995.’
- ‘Conventionally, preparation of samples for fatty acid analysis by gas chromatography involves two separate procedures: lipid extraction and methylation.’
- ‘The effluent was analyzed for chemical oxygen demand, and the oxidation products were analyzed using gas chromatography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.