One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a contact lens) allowing the diffusion of gases into and out of the cornea.
- ‘I wore hard, then gas-permeable, lenses for years, and never had a problem with them until the last year or so.’
- ‘Rigid or gas-permeable contact lenses appear to slow the development of axial myopia to a greater extent than bifocals, but the reason is unknown.’
- ‘All soft lenses are gas-permeable to a certain degree, and can be categorized further by the amount of water in the material.’
- ‘Daily-wear soft lenses aren't as durable as gas-permeable lenses, but are more durable than disposable soft lenses.’
- ‘The lids and/or bottom surfaces contain steam- or gas-permeable, high-efficiency microbial filters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.