One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or company that makes or manufactures clothes.
- ‘Australian retailers Kmart and Target on Friday joined other global brands to protect thousands of garment-makers in Bangladesh by signing a major health and safety accord.’
- ‘What a garment-maker earns is not just a function of her wages but also of the number of days she gets work.’
- ‘Organising the complex ‘trim’ shipments (correct threads, buttons, zips and labels for example) to the right areas—at the right time—can be a logistical nightmare for garment-makers.’
- ‘A Los Angeles investment group and a high-profile New York garment executive have bought Seattle's iconic garment-maker, C.C. Filson.’
- ‘The garment-maker, which has mainly operated in Estonia so far, is planning to increase turnover to 10 million euros in the next three years and to expand to foreign markets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.