One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Large shears used for gardening.‘the hedge was cut with garden shears’
- ‘Get out the garden shears and nip nuisances in the bud.’
- ‘However, I'll be saving time this year when I use the battery-powered garden shears I bought in the fall.’
- ‘Don't forget to bring your gardening gloves, wheelbarrow, garden shears or any item that may be of use.’
- ‘Protea have very thick, woody stems, so you'll need to have a good pair of floral cutters or garden shears on hand to give them a proper trim.’
- ‘I got the secateurs and the garden shears and boy, did I give the garden a good seeing to!’
- ‘Using garden shears or a hedge trimmer, cut the sides first and work from the base up.’
- ‘I can't manage Graham's hedge trimmer, and the use of garden shears is beyond me, too.’
- ‘Before cherry-picker platforms the hedge was cut by teams of estate workers with garden shears on ladders.’
- ‘I climbed up on a ladder with a pair of garden shears, leaned over the fence, and brazenly stole some purple lilacs.’
- ‘Use garden shears, reciprocating saw or hacksaw to cut branches to proper height.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.