One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vehicle used for collecting household refuse.‘the rumbling of a garbage truck awoke me’
- ‘Garbage trucks left trash in the area for three-and-a-half weeks, until the residents blocked the road.’
- ‘All I could see was a garbage truck depot.’
- ‘Suddenly, a large garbage truck swung into the parking lot.’
- ‘Also it has yet to build a road leading to the location so that garbage trucks can enter it.’
- ‘As a casual garbage truck driver, I was informed I would be permanent in 3 months.’
- ‘His superiors transferred him to another job driving garbage trucks.’
- ‘The city has a bizarre regulation requiring all city garbage trucks to be made out of a particular brand of steel.’
- ‘Every day, the city's fleet of garbage trucks make approximately 300 trips to Miron to dump their load.’
- ‘Regular garbage trucks are making rounds, too.’
- ‘During the governor's term in office, the city administration would be able to add five new garbage trucks to its fleet.’
- ‘Cleaning equipment and a garbage truck made the job a little easier and at the end of the day the beach was in pristine condition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.