One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to repair and maintain the engines of cars and other vehicles at a garage.‘he initially trained as a garage mechanic’
- ‘Having dropped out of school, the young man worked as a garage mechanic in Sydney.’
- ‘Many motorists criticise the system's lack of conformity with standards practised by qualified garage mechanics.’
- ‘Write to all customers blaming the garage mechanics who carry out maintenance on the company's coaches.’
- ‘She and her garage mechanic husband have racked up $160,000 in medical debts from their youngest son's health care.’
- ‘For all his genius as a garage mechanic, old Henry does not understand the world he lives in.’
- ‘He was living in a bedsit, surviving on benefits and on his income as a part-time garage mechanic.’
- ‘Pete left school at 14 to help support his family, finding work as a garage mechanic.’
- ‘She lives with her dad, who is a garage mechanic.’
- ‘The garage mechanic told us he'd take a look after closing time but sent his assistant over to check out the car.’
- ‘I soon discover that my French is so rusty as to warrant a long whistle and a shake of the head from a garage mechanic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.