One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student who is on a gap year.
- ‘He is the author of the gapper's bible, Before You Go.’
- ‘There are political, or semi-political, statements here, but only ones that relate directly to the safety of the gapper.’
- ‘He thinks a great deal depends on how much independence and self-reliance is shown by the gapper in whatever he or she chooses to do.’
- ‘That was when I met James, a beautiful Canadian who, crucially, was not a school-leaving gapper.’
- ‘No budget-stricken gapper is going to be tempted by the sophisticated environment of Shanghai.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.