Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A chart in which a series of horizontal lines shows the amount of work done or production completed in certain periods of time in relation to the amount planned for those periods.
- ‘Excel is a popular tool for creating simple Gantt charts, but for more advanced project management activities, you may need a tool such as Microsoft Project or a project management add-in for Excel.’
- ‘New features for 3.0 include a project management system with Gantt charts, along with internationalization and simpler installation.’
- ‘To accelerate the development process and minimize tooling modifications, Geneva Medical Products used 3 - D modeling and Gantt charts to keep the project on track.’
- ‘When he is not looking over project Gantt charts he is looking over topo maps and planning backpacking trips in and around Arizona.’
- ‘The development of network diagrams and Gantt charts is an effective means of initiating, continuing, and completing a project in accordance with the general project path flowchart.’
- ‘Your team is expected to produce a Gantt chart and to keep it up to date for use in planning your project.’
- ‘Secondly, the Gantt chart cannot show the results of either an early or a late start in the activities.’
- ‘The process of constructing the Gantt chart forces group members to think clearly about what must be done to accomplish their goal.’
- ‘For all its utility, however, a Gantt chart - and the commercial scheduling software packages that create it - does not easily allow a project manager to measure progress.’
- ‘Most major projects have an associated Gantt chart with it.’
- ‘A Gantt chart like this can be used to keep track of progress for each activity and how the costs are running.’
- ‘This type of calendar is referred to as a Gantt chart.’
- ‘A Gantt chart's horizontal axis represents the time for the project.’
- ‘PDP also sought to increase accountability by requiring engineers to use project management software and Gantt charts between reviews.’
- ‘The user does not need to spend hundreds of dollars on a piece of complex software when ProjeX can quickly and simply track progress using Gantt charts and Excel's standard functionality.’
- ‘The following Gantt chart was developed using MS Project for developing a proposal.’
- ‘Timetables, or Gantt charts, give a visual presentation of the relative timing of the separate tasks that make up a unified project.’
- ‘A typical example of a clinical study project plan in the form of a Gantt chart, showing the general activities to be completed by in-house or outsourced personnel.’
- ‘Since then, the CPM, coupled with the graphic display of the Gantt chart, have become almost-universal tools for scheduling engineering projects, despite their limitations.’
- ‘A few clicks is all it takes to display media Gantt charts.’
Early 20th century: named after Henry L. Gantt (1861–1919), American management consultant.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.