One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fight between rival gangs of youths or criminals.‘three men were stabbed in a gang fight outside a nightclub’
- ‘There was always some sort of gang fight or drug ring or brothel around here.’
- ‘He was stabbed in a gang fight, in an incident involving at least 40 youths.’
- ‘I've witnessed shootings, stabbings, gang fights.’
- ‘One client mentioned how her son had been arrested for being a part of a gang fight in the housing project.’
- ‘The headmaster had tried to stop a gang fight involving a student.’
- ‘Police have arrested six children for allegedly using a social networking website to organise gang fights.’
- ‘My closest cousin had been killed in a gang fight.’
- ‘Most of the gun battles have been halted but arson, gang fights and looting continue.’
- ‘Other gangs started targeting him in gang fights.’
- ‘A gang fight erupted into gunfire near an apartment complex last night, leaving four people injured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.