One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A whipped filling of chocolate and cream, used in confectioneries such as cakes and truffles.
- ‘The best-of-show cupcakes here are Boston cream versions cached with a fluff of custard and glossed with chocolate ganache - fine-textured and fabulous.’
- ‘After lunch I set to work putting the finishing touches on my birthday cake, unfortunately destroying my chocolate ganache in the process.’
- ‘Hazelnut dacquoise, a milk chocolate thin with praline, and chocolate ganache.’
- ‘I wanted a chocolate cake that would rise high enough to fill the cubic dessert containers prettily, and I wanted to glaze the servings with a dark chocolate ganache, to make them black and shiny.’
- ‘Its gentle tang also complements sweets beautifully; use it instead of cream in dark chocolate ganache or whip it and spoon it over cake.’
- ‘At Rubicon Programs Inc., women and men who were once homeless are now pastry chefs, whipping up chocolate ganache cakes for a bakery business.’
- ‘Transfer olive oil ganache to pastry bag fitted with flat, narrow tip and pipe thin layer over biscuit.’
- ‘Chocolate fanciers should choose the ganache, lemonheads the very tart tarte.’
- ‘Use a spoon to scoop out some ganache, and shape it into a ball the size of a small walnut with your fingers.’
- ‘A buttery triple-layer yellow cake gets a topping of the smoothest, deep dark-chocolate ganache, with a smattering of semisweet mini chocolate chips for good measure.’
- ‘Melt ganache over hot water and cool before using.’
- ‘She candies orange rind and rolls her own ganache truffles.’
- ‘Thin, crisp and intense shells hiding centres of superb ganache or delicate flavourings or vanilla and fresh herbs.’
- ‘Bartenders add chocolate ganache and chestnut purée made in the kitchen to steamed milk and add a touch of ground chipotle pepper.’
- ‘Made of rich chocolate and walnut cake layered with creamy ganache, it's like the fudgiest brownie you've ever eaten.’
- ‘I already knew that this Aztec-themed store sold excellent chocolates, ganaches and truffles, but I had never tried any of their pastries.’
- ‘The black magic chocolate cake is a deep, dark marvel, its three layers topped with a graceful, almost liquid ganache.’
- ‘Fill the cavity with some ganache and conceal the opening using the removed section of the cake.’
- ‘Dusted with powdered sugar, it might well be the ultimate in comfort food, but the dark chocolate ganache lends a bit of sophistication.’
- ‘The ducks went into a frenzy but they got not one crumb of our crab and saffron quiche and chocolate ganache tarts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.