One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of blood plasma proteins, mainly immunoglobulins, which have relatively low electrophoretic mobility.
- ‘The best prospect for development of an anti-SARS treatment in the short term is in the isolation of gamma globulin from the blood of those who have recovered from the disease.’
- ‘Plasma cells then make excess gamma globulin antibody immune proteins that latch onto specific invaders.’
- ‘Some evidence indicated that patients who developed ARF had higher levels of anti streptokinase, anti streptolysin O, and gamma globulin at the time of onset of infection than those who did not develop ARF.’
- ‘Short courses of treatment with steroids or gamma globulin can help suppress your immune system's attack on your red blood cells.’
- ‘Usually, a child is treated with intravenous doses of gamma globulin (purified antibodies), an ingredient of blood that helps the child's body fight off infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.