One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A law relating to gambling or the gambling industry.‘they could face three years in jail if found guilty of violating gaming laws’
- ‘The Joint Committee on the Draft Gambling Bill gave a cautious welcome to plans for liberalised gaming laws.’
- ‘The state's gaming laws require casino companies operating in its market to get official permission before starting new ventures elsewhere.’
- ‘He faces charges of organizing and promoting an illegal gambling operation, and conspiracy to violate the gaming laws.’
- ‘Supporters of the gaming law say these salaries were necessary to compete with the private sector.’
- ‘The gaming laws are matters that might even be reasonably devolved beyond the Scottish parliament itself.’
- ‘Opponents have sued to overturn the state's gaming law, and they are plotting to delay the permits needed to build the casinos.’
- ‘The review is expected to propose wide-ranging changes and much-needed relaxation of the existing gaming laws.’
- ‘Due to the archaic gaming laws, which date back to 1968, casinos are not allowed to charge players to take part.’
- ‘Ministers are expected to amend plans for new gaming laws following their defeat in the House of Lords.’
- ‘Building can only begin once the government relaxes gaming laws, which is expected to happen early next year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.