One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A law relating to gambling or the gambling industry.‘they could face three years in jail if found guilty of violating gaming laws’
- ‘Opponents have sued to overturn the state's gaming law, and they are plotting to delay the permits needed to build the casinos.’
- ‘Ministers are expected to amend plans for new gaming laws following their defeat in the House of Lords.’
- ‘He faces charges of organizing and promoting an illegal gambling operation, and conspiracy to violate the gaming laws.’
- ‘Supporters of the gaming law say these salaries were necessary to compete with the private sector.’
- ‘Due to the archaic gaming laws, which date back to 1968, casinos are not allowed to charge players to take part.’
- ‘Building can only begin once the government relaxes gaming laws, which is expected to happen early next year.’
- ‘The state's gaming laws require casino companies operating in its market to get official permission before starting new ventures elsewhere.’
- ‘The review is expected to propose wide-ranging changes and much-needed relaxation of the existing gaming laws.’
- ‘The gaming laws are matters that might even be reasonably devolved beyond the Scottish parliament itself.’
- ‘The Joint Committee on the Draft Gambling Bill gave a cautious welcome to plans for liberalised gaming laws.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.