One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process in which cells undergo meiosis to form gametes.
- ‘Homologous chromosomes are fully aligned at the pachytene stage, and germ cells survive to complete meiosis and gametogenesis with high efficiency.’
- ‘Normally, the adult proximal germline contains germ cells undergoing gametogenesis and proliferation is restricted to the distalmost part of the adult gonad.’
- ‘Sporulation in single-celled eukaryotes such as yeasts is a morphogenetic process equivalent to gametogenesis, because an ascospore is a highly specialized cell and its formation is preceded by meiotic nuclear division.’
- ‘Males arise spontaneously through nondisjunction of the X chromosome during gametogenesis and the subsequent fusion with a normal gamete, yielding an XO individual.’
- ‘Meiosis is the component of gametogenesis responsible for the segregation of homologous chromosomes into haploid gametes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.