One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process in which cells undergo meiosis to form gametes.
- ‘Normally, the adult proximal germline contains germ cells undergoing gametogenesis and proliferation is restricted to the distalmost part of the adult gonad.’
- ‘Males arise spontaneously through nondisjunction of the X chromosome during gametogenesis and the subsequent fusion with a normal gamete, yielding an XO individual.’
- ‘Meiosis is the component of gametogenesis responsible for the segregation of homologous chromosomes into haploid gametes.’
- ‘Homologous chromosomes are fully aligned at the pachytene stage, and germ cells survive to complete meiosis and gametogenesis with high efficiency.’
- ‘Sporulation in single-celled eukaryotes such as yeasts is a morphogenetic process equivalent to gametogenesis, because an ascospore is a highly specialized cell and its formation is preceded by meiotic nuclear division.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.