Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The features of a video game, such as its plot and the way it is played, as distinct from the graphics and sound effects.
- ‘How can true innovation in gameplay be achieved without proper focus?’
- ‘The gameplay is exciting and innovative, while still being practical and polished.’
- ‘Sometimes, the actual gem of the game lies not in the graphics but in the actual gameplay.’
- ‘Simplistic gameplay aside, the game is honestly funny when it's not being too lowbrow.’
- ‘It is unfortunate that these beautiful elements are marred with such mundane gameplay.’
- ‘This is a hard game to review as far as gameplay goes because there are so many events.’
- ‘They're slightly dated graphics but they work nicely with the style of gameplay.’
- ‘The problem is we have many developers that seem to me to be concentrating on graphics rather than gameplay.’
- ‘The first is the lack of additional characters that can join the party to affect the plot or gameplay.’
- ‘I enjoyed the graphics, sound, and gameplay, but was not as blown away as I had hoped to be.’
- ‘Sure, the PlayStation is a different world, but some of the old Atari games have terrific gameplay.’
- ‘The gameplay progresses depending on the movement and collision of these sprites.’
- ‘However, most of the people in this industry have been analysing games and gameplay for tens of years.’
- ‘It's got all the ingredients for a distinctly awesome game, except for gameplay.’
- ‘A solid script, good gameplay and a huge dose of humor makes this game stand out as a nice platformer.’
- ‘The basic gameplay in Back to Baghdad remains the same as in last year's game.’
- ‘The gameplay itself, as we've mentioned, is nicely paced and a great deal of fun.’
- ‘It has great graphics, solid gameplay and, while not very original, is a lot of fun to play.’
- ‘Sequences would build up into films, characters into legends and gameplay into classic puzzles.’
- ‘I was wondering if anyone could advise me on setting up voice software for use in gameplay.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.