One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A handheld controller for video games.
- ‘The combat in Dues Ex is a bit lackluster due to the cumbersome controls of using a gamepad and because it utilizes the long-outdated unreal engine.’
- ‘The world of Final Fantasy VIII can be explored via a gamepad or the keyboard.’
- ‘Forget the keyboard; you will need a gamepad for this game.’
- ‘The Intel Wireless Series includes a gamepad, mouse and keyboard which talk to the PC via a USB base station which can support up to eight devices.’
- ‘It's even offering a gamepad controller accessory that fits over the back of the handset and looks like an old Nintendo pad.’
- ‘In addition to making mice, trackballs and Webcams, Logitech also make joysticks, gamepads and consoles.’
- ‘PC owners will want to either plug in a gamepad or a joystick, because trying to accurately fly using arrow keys will make you want to throw your monitor out of the window.’
- ‘The game can be played entirely with cursor keys, but joysticks and gamepads also are supported.’
- ‘To the left of the screen you'll find a digital gamepad, while below this is an analog stick.’
- ‘The controllers are standard USB gamepads, featuring dual analogue sticks, a standard four-button face arrangement and 4 shoulder triggers.’
- ‘Even with the gamepad controller, the gameplay was still more difficult than it should be due to camera issues.’
- ‘The gamepad behaved exactly as you'd expect, with left analogue stick assigned to steering and the face buttons assigned to accelerate, brake, handbrake and view change.’
- ‘The default mouse/keyboard combination works extremely well but there's also support for gamepads and joysticks including those with force feedback.’
- ‘Fortunately, with a gamepad the game's controls become slightly less complicated.’
- ‘Like most rhythm games, players typically have to hit a series of notes or icons in time as they scroll across the screen with their gamepad or their peripheral.’
- ‘The game looks sharper, and the gameplay remains as hectic as ever, but you'll get the most out of it if you own a gamepad, as the keyboard controls are quite clumsy.’
- ‘In terms of control, you can use either your keyboard or a gamepad to control your fighter and with only four main keys to worry about, it's got a relatively small learning curve.’
- ‘The controls can be mapped to the mouse, a joystick or a gamepad.’
- ‘Joysticks, gamepads, and other controllers are great in their own way but if you want that simulation vibe a wheel should be included.’
- ‘Control is solid, but I recommend using a gamepad as the keyboard just doesn't feel right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.