One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When chemotherapy took her hair from her she once donned a Rastafarian wig, and we all laughed at the hair gone by and her gameness in donning such an unlikely wig.’
- ‘One thing that gets you about these Paralympians is their sense of shrug-off gameness about ignored or forgotten injuries.’
- ‘From an early age, the terriers of Scotland were tested for gameness by their keepers.’
- ‘If gameness won fights, Paulie would still be a champion.’
- ‘The dogs with heart and gameness are the exemplary models of our breed and the aspiration of most reputable breeders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.