One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a brave, spirited way.‘he battled gamely but was outclassed by his more experienced opponent’‘I scribbled madly, gamely trying to keep up’
- ‘I sped up into a slow run, and he gamely matched my pace for about 200 yards.’
- ‘She kindly consented to accompany me and gamely held my hand throughout the extraction.’
- ‘While some poets and commercial enterprises gamely attempted to sustain pastoralism, many predicted that the discourse of nostalgia would be met with cynicism.’
- ‘He gamely touches upon everything from political propaganda to false advertising.’
- ‘When a 60-year-old tribal elder gamely tried to organize a village defense force, he had to do it with a handful of men and just three rifles.’
- ‘As the scene ends, he gathers his troupe together and salutes them for gamely taking part.’
- ‘Librarians from around the city gamely clamber up on the loading dock and spin tales.’
- ‘In his directorial debut, he tries gamely to spice up the plotless proceedings by color-coding the different key stories.’
- ‘It's a subject that he's no doubt a little tired of, but he gamely follows the line of questioning.’
- ‘He is wandering around with the phone in the crook of his neck and shoulder, gamely trying to placate an obstinate interviewer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.