Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of mathematics concerned with the analysis of strategies for dealing with competitive situations where the outcome of a participant's choice of action depends critically on the actions of other participants. Game theory has been applied to contexts in war, business, and biology.Compare with decision theory
- ‘In 1925 he was the first to define and discuss the concept of strategy in game theory.’
- ‘Non-cooperative game theory concerns how players choose strategies, whilst cooperative game theory concerns how players choose their allies.’
- ‘He was always full of mathematical ideas, not only on game theory, but in geometry and topology as well.’
- ‘His early works range over number theory, statistics, combinatorics, game theory, as well as his principal interest of commutative algebra.’
- ‘However, I concentrate on how it might be rational for you alone to choose: game theory concentrates how we might each choose in a jointly sustainable way.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.