One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in Africa) a large area of land set aside as a protected area for wild animals.‘Kruger National Park is one of the largest game reserves in the world’
- ‘Lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes roam the game reserves and to see them in the flesh is a marvellous experience.’
- ‘We'll visit the premier game reserves of Tanzania to see the richest variety of wildlife imaginable.’
- ‘Kenya has over 50 national parks and game reserves where wildlife is protected.’
- ‘We stayed at Tala, a private game reserve about 45 minutes from the city.’
- ‘In most parks and game reserves of East Africa, however, the lion is impressively visible.’
- ‘The central Serengeti was identified as a game reserve in 1929.’
- ‘In South Africa, the best places to see wildlife is at private game reserves and national parks.’
- ‘He said the premises would also accommodate a theme park and a game reserve, to include horse trails.’
- ‘The United Nations declared the Selous Game Reserve a World Heritage Site in 1982.’
- ‘But if you want to rough it out, you will find campsites in almost all the game reserves and national parks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.