Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in tennis and other sports) a point which if won by one of the players or sides will also win them a game.
- ‘He worked him hard in the first, going up 10-6 before giving up a stroke at game point.’
- ‘His determination during game point was evident.’
- ‘Riley, a reserve outside hitter from Texas, converted a kill on game point to tie the match.’
- ‘Finally it was game point, and the opposing team served it across the net.’
- ‘Why did I miss that serve when it was game point in the championship?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.