One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A punitive suspension of a player for the remainder of a game, with a substitution permitted.
- ‘A third period melee resulted in numerous game misconducts and suspensions.’
- ‘The Seals took fourteen minors, 2 majors and 2 game misconducts on the night while the Xpress were penalized for only seven minors.’
- ‘Gross and match penalties will be equal to one offense in the game misconduct procedures.’
- ‘It's just that I was raised to believe that a hockey game wasn't complete until someone got a game misconduct.’
- ‘Any player who receives a game misconduct will sit the remainder of that game plus 1 additional full game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.