Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A punitive suspension of a player for the remainder of a game, with a substitution permitted.
- ‘A third period melee resulted in numerous game misconducts and suspensions.’
- ‘It's just that I was raised to believe that a hockey game wasn't complete until someone got a game misconduct.’
- ‘Gross and match penalties will be equal to one offense in the game misconduct procedures.’
- ‘The Seals took fourteen minors, 2 majors and 2 game misconducts on the night while the Xpress were penalized for only seven minors.’
- ‘Any player who receives a game misconduct will sit the remainder of that game plus 1 additional full game.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.