One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm where a variety of wild animals are kept or bred, often with facilities for visitors to observe or hunt the animals.
- ‘A Sidbury farmer yesterday sought to urgently evict seven families from his farm, which he claimed had been sold as a game farm and would soon be inhabited by dangerous animals such as elephant and rhinoceros.’
- ‘The zoo, too, has raised a ‘couple of million’ in animal sales to reputable game farms and zoos across the world.’
- ‘Meanwhile a tourism game farm owner said that, fanned by gale-force berg winds, the fire between the Fish River and Kleinemonde had ‘spread like crazy’.’
- ‘We market nature reserves, game farms, lodges and eco tourism destinations in the Waterberg and surrounding areas.’
- ‘It's located on the Mount Carmel game farm, 11,000 acres of rolling, ochre-earthed veldt sparsely thatched with silky bushman grass and dotted with sun-baked termite mounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.