One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm where a variety of wild animals are kept or bred, often with facilities for visitors to observe or hunt the animals.
- ‘The zoo, too, has raised a ‘couple of million’ in animal sales to reputable game farms and zoos across the world.’
- ‘It's located on the Mount Carmel game farm, 11,000 acres of rolling, ochre-earthed veldt sparsely thatched with silky bushman grass and dotted with sun-baked termite mounds.’
- ‘A Sidbury farmer yesterday sought to urgently evict seven families from his farm, which he claimed had been sold as a game farm and would soon be inhabited by dangerous animals such as elephant and rhinoceros.’
- ‘We market nature reserves, game farms, lodges and eco tourism destinations in the Waterberg and surrounding areas.’
- ‘Meanwhile a tourism game farm owner said that, fanned by gale-force berg winds, the fire between the Fish River and Kleinemonde had ‘spread like crazy’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.