Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The basic software of a computer game or video game.
- ‘We are making no edits or changes to the game engine itself.’
- ‘Using an existing game engine, the pair were able to put their idea into practice almost immediately.’
- ‘Aerial combat aside, the basic game engine remains the same.’
- ‘I've got a question about game engines.’
- ‘Also significant could be the downloading of mini games engines that allow for further play.’
- ‘The PC version of Counter-Strike comes from a game engine over a half-decade old already.’
- ‘This, of course, is assuming you already have a game engine.’
- ‘Thanks to the new game engine, BR2 is a visual feast.’
- ‘The game utilizes the Source game engine, coupled with a heavily modified version of the Havok physics engine.’
- ‘The editor I used to create each level was technically more complicated than the actual game engine.’
- ‘The game engine itself also appears to be somewhat weak.’
- ‘There's a group of crazy Danish coders who actually did write a game engine in ML.’
- ‘The game engine is, essentially, a WML interpreter.’
- ‘Besides, on a personal level, I simply like creating a game engine.’
- ‘Thankfully, we have an amazing editing tool that allows us to manipulate most of the map elements within the actual game engine.’
- ‘The first and most common, as mentioned above, is the game engine itself.’
- ‘The game engine is absolutely the bare minimum you see these days.’
- ‘First, there is the underlying game engine itself.’
- ‘The story unfolds via a series of episodes, aided by cutscenes rendered by the game engine.’
- ‘Thanks to a highly detailed game engine, the battles really do feel epic in scope.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.