One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic software of a computer game or video game.
- ‘I've got a question about game engines.’
- ‘The PC version of Counter-Strike comes from a game engine over a half-decade old already.’
- ‘This, of course, is assuming you already have a game engine.’
- ‘The first and most common, as mentioned above, is the game engine itself.’
- ‘Aerial combat aside, the basic game engine remains the same.’
- ‘Thankfully, we have an amazing editing tool that allows us to manipulate most of the map elements within the actual game engine.’
- ‘There's a group of crazy Danish coders who actually did write a game engine in ML.’
- ‘Using an existing game engine, the pair were able to put their idea into practice almost immediately.’
- ‘We are making no edits or changes to the game engine itself.’
- ‘Thanks to the new game engine, BR2 is a visual feast.’
- ‘The game engine is, essentially, a WML interpreter.’
- ‘First, there is the underlying game engine itself.’
- ‘Also significant could be the downloading of mini games engines that allow for further play.’
- ‘The game engine is absolutely the bare minimum you see these days.’
- ‘The editor I used to create each level was technically more complicated than the actual game engine.’
- ‘The game utilizes the Source game engine, coupled with a heavily modified version of the Havok physics engine.’
- ‘The story unfolds via a series of episodes, aided by cutscenes rendered by the game engine.’
- ‘Besides, on a personal level, I simply like creating a game engine.’
- ‘Thanks to a highly detailed game engine, the battles really do feel epic in scope.’
- ‘The game engine itself also appears to be somewhat weak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.