One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ostrich dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period.
Genus Gallimimus, infraorder Ornithomimosauria, suborder Theropoda
- ‘It's real fun - my own little world of raptors and gallimimuses, and albertosaurs.’
- ‘One of the sound effects that went into the scene where the Rex attacks the gallimimuses in JP was the sound editors' dog playing with a chew toy.’
- ‘He's got quite a number of them, too - brachiosaurs, gallimimuses, triceratops, and other spectacular but harmless herbivores.’
- ‘One of the theatrical trailers did show quick glimpses of the T. rex and gallimimuses.’
- ‘There are what the kids of the cast (Ariana Richards and Joseph Mazzello, as Hammond's grandchildren) call the ‘veggiesaurs’ - herds of lowing, long-necked brachiosaurs and gallivanting, fleet-footed gallimimuses.’
Modern Latin, from Latin galli ‘of a cockerel’ (genitive of gallus) + mimus ‘mime, pretence’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.