One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An underground megalithic burial chamber which may be divided into sections but has no separate entrance passage.
- ‘These passage graves and circular gallery graves existed long before the great Egyptian pyramids.’
- ‘The Barrow consists of two pairs of side chambers and a gallery grave with an ante-chamber.’
- ‘The gallery grave at Le Couperon is on a smaller scale, and is situated above Saie harbour.’
- ‘About 50 gallery graves and related forms in Hesse, Westphalia and neighbouring areas are known today.’
- ‘Similar larger discs are known from gallery graves in Brittany, Scotland, Wales and Co. Wicklow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.