One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An underground megalithic burial chamber which may be divided into sections but has no separate entrance passage.
- ‘The Barrow consists of two pairs of side chambers and a gallery grave with an ante-chamber.’
- ‘About 50 gallery graves and related forms in Hesse, Westphalia and neighbouring areas are known today.’
- ‘Similar larger discs are known from gallery graves in Brittany, Scotland, Wales and Co. Wicklow.’
- ‘The gallery grave at Le Couperon is on a smaller scale, and is situated above Saie harbour.’
- ‘These passage graves and circular gallery graves existed long before the great Egyptian pyramids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.