One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute mite which is parasitic on plants, typically living inside buds and causing them to form hard galls.
Family Eriophyidae, order Prostigmata: numerous species, in particular Cecidophyopsis ribis, which affects blackcurrant bushes, causing big bud and transmitting the reversion virus
- ‘The black currant gall mites are the small white worm-like creatures between the bud tissues.’
- ‘Nevertheless, keep an eye out for fuchsia gall mites, fuchsia rust, whiteflies, and aphids.’
- ‘There are a few pests to watch for that like fuchsias such as spider mites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and fuchsia gall mites.’
- ‘Resistance to gall mite has been a breeding objective in most blackcurrant programmes for many years.’
- ‘Little is known about the mites that occur on black walnut, but the velvet gall mite is common in some areas.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.