One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute mite which is parasitic on plants, typically living inside buds and causing them to form hard galls.
Family Eriophyidae, order Prostigmata: numerous species, in particular Cecidophyopsis ribis, which affects blackcurrant bushes, causing big bud and transmitting the reversion virus
- ‘Little is known about the mites that occur on black walnut, but the velvet gall mite is common in some areas.’
- ‘There are a few pests to watch for that like fuchsias such as spider mites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and fuchsia gall mites.’
- ‘Nevertheless, keep an eye out for fuchsia gall mites, fuchsia rust, whiteflies, and aphids.’
- ‘The black currant gall mites are the small white worm-like creatures between the bud tissues.’
- ‘Resistance to gall mite has been a breeding objective in most blackcurrant programmes for many years.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.