One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, delicate fly which induces gall formation in plants or may cause other damage to crops.
- ‘Other pests include gypsy moth caterpillars, gall midge, and scale.’
- ‘The family appears to be a member of the extant group Sciaroidea, which includes fungus gnats and gall midges, though precise relationships remain unclear.’
- ‘Sampson is also looking at ways to control the blueberry gall midge, a fly that attacks the flower and leaf buds of blueberry plants.’
- ‘Unlike gall midges, thrips have a wide host range, feeding on the flowers of many species of plants.’
- ‘More recently, the gall midge has moved into the Houston area and become a cause of bud drop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.