One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The small sac-shaped organ beneath the liver, in which bile is stored after secretion by the liver and before release into the intestine.
- ‘Its main object is to show stones in the bile ducts and gall bladder.’
- ‘The gall bladder stores and secretes bile, which includes salts used to break down food.’
- ‘Every time you eat, your gall bladder releases its reserve of bile through ducts into the digestive tract.’
- ‘In this country, all we know how to do is cut out gall bladders, instead of make them better.’
- ‘Rats have no gall bladder, whereas in humans the gall bladder stores bile which is released into the small intestine and aids digestion.’
- ‘Stones may migrate from the gall bladder into the bile duct.’
- ‘This time it was in four parts of my liver, the gall bladder and the bile duct.’
- ‘Gallstones are hard pieces of stone-like material, round, oval, or faceted, commonly occurring in the gall bladder or the bile duct.’
- ‘The optimal treatment is to remove the stones in both the common bile duct and the gall bladder.’
- ‘The digestion of fat also requires bile salts, delivered to the duodenum in bile from the liver, via the gall bladder.’
- ‘The laser proved to work well with narrow grasping tools and scissors to dissect the gall bladder from the liver bed.’
- ‘The main function of the gall bladder is storing and excreting the bile produced by the liver.’
- ‘A palpable gall bladder suggests pancreatic malignancy, but it can be difficult to detect when displaced laterally or covered by an enlarged liver.’
- ‘Wild bear gall bladders are widely believed to be of much higher quality when compared to farmed bile.’
- ‘Hunting bears and selling their gall bladders is legal.’
- ‘We find organs that have adhered to each other, usually the gall bladder and liver stuck together with scar tissue.’
- ‘The gall bladder and the liver are internally-externally related organs.’
- ‘According to our information, runners for the network carried the gall bladders to predetermined locations for resale.’
- ‘You may have to have part of your stomach, gall bladder and duodenum (the first bit of your small intestine) removed too.’
- ‘A shipment of 173 black bear gall bladders from Canada was confiscated at the Anchorage international airport.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.