Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bushbaby
- ‘The Demidoff's galago is found throughout the forests of central and western Africa.’
- ‘The hind limbs of galagos are longer than their forelimbs, which makes them very adept at leaping.’
- ‘Just like monkeys and apes, the galago lives in trees, but unlike monkeys and apes it is active at night.’
- ‘Three normal and six monocularly deprived galagos served as subjects for these experiments.’
- ‘All galagos in nature are from Africa; two members of the loris group are from Africa and two from Asia.’
Modern Latin (genus name).
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.