Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for bushbaby
- ‘Three normal and six monocularly deprived galagos served as subjects for these experiments.’
- ‘The hind limbs of galagos are longer than their forelimbs, which makes them very adept at leaping.’
- ‘The Demidoff's galago is found throughout the forests of central and western Africa.’
- ‘Just like monkeys and apes, the galago lives in trees, but unlike monkeys and apes it is active at night.’
- ‘All galagos in nature are from Africa; two members of the loris group are from Africa and two from Asia.’
Modern Latin (genus name).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.