One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline amino sugar, of which chondroitin is a derivative.
- ‘Glucosamine and galactosamine were abundant and common to all samples.’
- ‘As a result, it has been found that polyamino acids in which galactosamine has been introduced as a sugar residue have excellent properties.’
- ‘Hepatocytes damaged by exposure to galactosamine, thiocetamide, and carbon tetrachloride were incubated with Picrorhiza constituents.’
- ‘The study measured changes in liver chemicals, called galactosamines, that mitigate the damage caused by the toxin.’
- ‘Protective effects of phytosomal silybin were observed using rats pre-exposed to toxins such as praseodymium, galactosamine, and the mushroom poisons phalloidin and alpha-amanitin.’
Early 20th century: from galactose + amine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.