Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The great circle of the celestial sphere passing as closely as possible through the densest parts of the Milky Way.
- ‘It will be the start of a new era resulting from and signified by the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator, and the earth aligning itself with the center of the galaxy.’
- ‘The galactic equator has moved from it's maximum north position and is once again straight and overhead.’
- ‘The galactic latitude between the galactic equator and the south galactic pole is negative.’
- ‘An asymmetry with respect to the galactic equator is obvious.’
- ‘The 0 degree latitude line, or the galactic equator, is in the plane of the galaxy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.