One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A judge's directive forbidding the public disclosure of information on a particular matter.‘the council was forced to abandon an attempt to impose a gagging order on this newspaper on Friday’
- ‘Last week the prosecution asked for a gagging order on the trial.’
- ‘Telling officers not to express an opinion publicly is sticking a gagging order on them.’
- ‘Jury, please remember that you are on a gag order and may not discuss what you heard to the media outside.’
- ‘Several websites featured discussions on the possible identity of the individual, who is protected by a gagging order.’
- ‘I think the judge had a lot of guts imposing a gag order.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.