Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fussy person.
- ‘Croce struck him as a fussbudget and intruded into what Coskey considered his domain.’
- ‘Can you imagine that dainty, fussbudget of a milquetoast Astaire as a sailor?’
- ‘Incredible as it may sound, even a notorious fussbudget like myself couldn't stay mad at the island.’
- ‘The fussbudget character C3PO, from the Star Wars movies, is a perfect example.’
- ‘He is like a fussbudget.’
- ‘Dickie Bird could be a most irritating fussbudget.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.