One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pasta pieces in the form of short spirals.
- ‘Cook the fusilli and bow ties separately in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes until each pasta is al dente.’
- ‘You could also use other shapes that will trap bits of corn and tomato, such as shells or fusilli.’
- ‘In the south, smaller pasta such as fusilli or orecchiette are common, as is ziti (long tubular pasta, often broken into pieces for baked dishes).’
- ‘I've tried spaghetti, fusilli, penne, tagliatelle, linguini and those funny shell-shaped ones.’
- ‘I made this particular pasta salad with multicolored quinoa fusilli from the organic store, and combined them with my homemade tomates confites and the rest of the chorizo we had bought in Madrid.’
- ‘We also liked the flair it gave to such pasta regulars as fusilli with chickpeas and spinach.’
- ‘Officially titled Healthy Pasta Meals, it is more than a summit of experts and entrepreneurs who are invested, gastronomically or financially, in the fate of fusilli.’
- ‘Jones, his driver and George attack the fusilli which has arrived.’
- ‘Pour the raspberry sauce over the fusilli and sprinkle the almonds on the top and serve.’
- ‘I pour myself another glass of wine, light a cigarette and think about whether to use spaghettini or fusilli with the bottle of pesto in the fridge.’
- ‘Giovanni's offers salmon carpaccio with fresh herb dressing, fusilli with black olives and delicious deep fried halibut with mixed greens.’
- ‘Remove from heat and toss with cooked fusilli and meat mixture until thoroughly coated.’
- ‘In the meantime, boil the water, don't salt it too much, throw in the pasta - fusilli or fusilli bucati.’
- ‘Place fusilli in boiling water and cook as per directions on the pasta box.’
- ‘She closed her over-stuffed box that had the fusilli, egg, tuna, paprika, pineapple, salted peanuts and raisins.’
- ‘Another night's wild mushroom fusilli with vegetables and black truffle cream could not transcend its general goopiness.’
- ‘If you don't have any corkscrew-shaped fusilli, then quill-like penne or almost any tubular pasta is just as good.’
- ‘In kettle of boiling salted water cook the fusilli for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it is al dente, drain it well, and in a large bowl toss it with the chicken mixture.’
- ‘Pasta dishes include homemade lasagne, creamy chicken and mushroom penne rigati, and tomato and meatball fusilli.’
- ‘Gardenia at Taj West End adds more twists to your fusilli, and pasta in all its shapes has been married to Asian partners.’
Italian, literally ‘little spindles’, diminutive of fuso.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.