One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But it must not be supposed that reason is malign, the furtherer of ill counsels only.’
- ‘Therefore those that find scholars to school, they are helpers and furtherers toward this kingdom; and truly it is needful that there be made some provision for them.’
- ‘To all well-willers and furtherers of Plantations in New England, especially to such as ever have or desire to assist the people of Plymouth in their just proceedings, grace and peace be multiplied.’
- ‘His wicked attempts have proved unsuccessful, and so he has sent you, the instigator and furtherer of this villainy, under pretence of peace to act comme un espion, that is, as a spy upon us.’
- ‘Those that in the very first place shall endeavor to redress the grievances, will be found not to hinder, but to be the best furtherers of his majesty's service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.