Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The art or trade of dressing and preparing furs.‘the quality and furriery of this stole are beyond reproach’
- ‘That bag was made for Birger Christensen, a furriery artist in Denmark.’
- ‘Mr Kovachev has been working in his furriery in Etura for the past 22 years.’
- ‘Indeed, it had an important role in the development of Canada during the period when furriery was one of the foremost activities in North America.’
- ‘On the ground floors numerous crafts are revived: there are workshops for sandals, a furriery, a coppersmithery, cow-bells workshop, pottery making workshop, workshop for silverware and woodcarving, for producing carts, national folk instruments, a cutlery, bakery and confectionery with a coffee shop, as well as a rich collection of medicinal plants and herbs.’
- ‘"Practical fur cutting and furriery" is a treatise on the art of furriery intended alike for the apprentice and advanced worker in every branch of the fur manufacturing industry,’
- ‘Pelts of Cervidae are not of great importance in furriery, and they are only used for decorative purposes.’
- ‘On the occupational level, they were free to engage in most activities, with the exception of shoemaking, furriery, and pottery.’
- ‘Get to know the town and the hilly surroundings famous for their tannery, wood carving and furriery.’
- ‘Using original instruments and following the old traditions locals represent around 20 characteristic of the region crafts such as wood - carving, pottery, coppersmith, furriery, cutlery, tailoring etc.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.