One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or trade of dressing and preparing furs.‘the quality and furriery of this stole are beyond reproach’
- ‘On the occupational level, they were free to engage in most activities, with the exception of shoemaking, furriery, and pottery.’
- ‘Get to know the town and the hilly surroundings famous for their tannery, wood carving and furriery.’
- ‘Indeed, it had an important role in the development of Canada during the period when furriery was one of the foremost activities in North America.’
- ‘"Practical fur cutting and furriery" is a treatise on the art of furriery intended alike for the apprentice and advanced worker in every branch of the fur manufacturing industry,’
- ‘Pelts of Cervidae are not of great importance in furriery, and they are only used for decorative purposes.’
- ‘On the ground floors numerous crafts are revived: there are workshops for sandals, a furriery, a coppersmithery, cow-bells workshop, pottery making workshop, workshop for silverware and woodcarving, for producing carts, national folk instruments, a cutlery, bakery and confectionery with a coffee shop, as well as a rich collection of medicinal plants and herbs.’
- ‘Mr Kovachev has been working in his furriery in Etura for the past 22 years.’
- ‘Using original instruments and following the old traditions locals represent around 20 characteristic of the region crafts such as wood - carving, pottery, coppersmith, furriery, cutlery, tailoring etc.’
- ‘That bag was made for Birger Christensen, a furriery artist in Denmark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.