One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance used for polishing wooden furniture.‘the room smelled of furniture polish and stale cigarette smoke’
- ‘Light scratches will often disappear when rubbed with furniture polish or paste wax.’
- ‘Wipe it dry at once and polish with wax or furniture polish.’
- ‘Silicone is used in most modern furniture polishes.’
- ‘Many of the popular spray furniture polishes contain silicone.’
- ‘For added beauty, rub dry slate with a soft cloth dipped in lemon oil furniture polish.’
- ‘Air fresheners, furniture polish and household cleaners may increase the risk of asthma in young children.’
- ‘Add cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.’
- ‘When cleaning the walls behind stoves, fridges, etc, spray and buff the walls with furniture polish.’
- ‘The familiar aroma of vanilla mixed with furniture polish was a sure sign his mom had been cleaning earlier.’
- ‘He got some furniture polish and old rags for me to dust and clean my piano with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.