One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance used for polishing wooden furniture.‘the room smelled of furniture polish and stale cigarette smoke’
- ‘Air fresheners, furniture polish and household cleaners may increase the risk of asthma in young children.’
- ‘Silicone is used in most modern furniture polishes.’
- ‘Many of the popular spray furniture polishes contain silicone.’
- ‘Add cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.’
- ‘For added beauty, rub dry slate with a soft cloth dipped in lemon oil furniture polish.’
- ‘Wipe it dry at once and polish with wax or furniture polish.’
- ‘He got some furniture polish and old rags for me to dust and clean my piano with.’
- ‘When cleaning the walls behind stoves, fridges, etc, spray and buff the walls with furniture polish.’
- ‘The familiar aroma of vanilla mixed with furniture polish was a sure sign his mom had been cleaning earlier.’
- ‘Light scratches will often disappear when rubbed with furniture polish or paste wax.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.